From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 2:16 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] year round Caribbean marinas recommendations needed

I've heard Aruba isn't very cruiser friendly, that's why I didn't include it.

Others have told me Cartagena and Panama are good places to leave your boat for extended periods.

Kent

On Jul 21, 2016, at 12:10 PM, Germain Jean-Pierre jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Aruba is also a good hurricane avoidance spot.  However, the port in Oranjestaaad is pretty awful.

GL

Jean-Pierre Germain

Eleuthera, SM 007

On 21 Jul 2016, at 14:54, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

ConsiderTrinidad or Bonaire, or Curacao.  They are South of the Hurricane belt.

Kent

SM243

Kristy

On Jul 21, 2016, at 7:03 AM, Aldo Roldan aroldan1796@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations of where in the Caribbean to keep our SM year round? We will check out Martinique.

Thank you kindly,

Aldo Roldan

Moonshot SM

Princeton, NJ

On Jul 10, 2016, at 2:50 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Has anyone a clever idea about how to tweak the leech line tension while underway?

On the battenless roller furling sail the adjustment of the tension in the leech line seems much more of an issue than on a battened sail, yet reaching the clew of the mainsail borders on treacherous when the wind picks up and we're sailing close hauled.

On my old boat the i lead the leech line over a small cheek block at the head of the sail, and down the luff so I could adjust it at the mast.  Clever, but obviously not an option for a roller furled sail.

Bill Kinney
SM#160 Harmonie
Highlands, NJ

Posted by: Kent Robertson <karkauai@...>

Reply to sender

Reply to group

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic (4)

Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Join {main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.