From: sangaris@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Fri, Jul 22, 2016 7:03 am
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Original instruments

Hi Pat,
Yes, it was crazy high. Same situation as yours, with Pantaenius paying for nearby lightning damage. Boat was on a freighter so it was shipper's Pantaenius policy for "marine cargo" insurance. As such, they apply full depreciation to equipment (unlike their "Yacht Policy" which is new-for-old) so they paid $7233.00 for equipment but full amount for installation. (Actually the installation labor rate was $235/hr from a West Palm Beach installer, recommended, amazingly, by the insurance adjuster.) They sent the check to me, and I took the installation job myself - sorry guys. (For completeness, there was some other equipment involved.)
Cheers,
Craig, SN#68, Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote :

Craig, That's a crazy high quote. My i nstallation is being covered by Pantaenius Insurance ,( which has been prompt and fair ), due to a lightning strike , not a direct hit , but must have been very close. The settlement  includes the mechanics time , and I expect the insurance co. expects those monies to go to him. If I was just upgrading my boat, believe me , I also would be doing my own installation. I also find it hard to pay anyone $100.00/hr. for something that I can do.

Pat SM123