Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Dessalator membrane Alternative

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

I noticed that I gave you the wrong number for the 160. It ia SW302540, but you have the 60. I don't know the number for the membranes for the 60.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Jul 22, 2016 7:33 PM, "Bill & Judy Rouse" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:
Oh, and if it is the 160 liter the membranes are Filmtec SW30-2521

Bill

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 11:29 PM, Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...> wrote:
Barry & Robyn,

There is one manufacturer of membranes in the world. It is FilmTec, a DOW company.

If you know the size of your membranes, you can buy Filmtec membranes from anyone. But be careful as they have a shelf life of 6-12 months depending on temperature.

What water maker do you have? If it is a Dessalator 160 liter it takes 2 membranes. If it is this water maker and has white plastic looking end caps, you will need the membranes, end caps and a O ring kit.

Get back to me and I can point you to sources when I know what you have.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 10:53 PM, seagasm@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good morning, does anyone know of an alternative membrane that is compatible with the Dessalator watermaker. I am looking for a supplier in Australia.

Kind Regards

Barry & Robyn

Tradewinds III SM #171