Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Anchor Chain grade

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Look here in the anchoring section... Huge information.

I went 8 MM G70 grade; you will understand when you read...

Jean-Pierre Germain
Eleuthera SM007

On 24 Jul 2016, at 01:54, mallamok@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I think that is not a option, the loss of diameter is partly abot 40%. But I will check the conversations to learn more about that.
Thx
Peter
SY WILSON SM 003
La Rochelle

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Anchor Chain grade
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Friday, July 22, 2016, 4:01 PM

Any chance you could
regalvanize it instead of buying new chain?  If it just
looks rusty without loss of diameter, that might save quite
a bit.  There are a couple of threads about this in the
last few years.  Search Conversations for chain
regalvanize.
Kent

On Jul 22, 2016, at 11:56 AM, Kent Robertson karkauai@...
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:

Your gypsy should be
marked to specify chain size.  If not, take your gypsy with
you and confirm the chain size.  Even 1-2 mm per link can
make a significant difference.
Kent
SM 243
Kristy