Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Yanmar 24 volt alternator make/model

eric freedman

Dear Kent,

Unfortunately your diagram is not how my engine is wired,

Are all the senders on your engine 2 wire senders?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Monday, July 25, 2016 7:40 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Yanmar 24 volt alternator make/model

Bill / Eric,

I posted it in the files section along with sim pics from Amel showing some of the connections.  The file is named Kit Isolation Yanmar.  I just noticed that the folder I created is empty, and that there are two files of the same name farther down the list.  Can anyone tell me how to delete one of the files and put the other one in the folder?

Kent

SM243

Kristy

On Jul 25, 2016, at 6:52 AM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Kent, 

Did you see Eric's email regarding a relay on the engine, either the fan relay or the relay connected to the 24V alternator?

I am hoping that Amel sent you a wiring diagram with the isolated ground kit, and just maybe it shows this wiring diagram.

If so, can you scan it and post it in the Files section?

Bill

BeBe 387, but not for long

Trinidad

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 2:13 AM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Sorry to hear you are leaving BeBe,

It must be very traumatic..

UO few questions .

If the little cube relay a 24 or 12 volt relay.

To what are the wires connected?

Secondly have  you or anyone else  in the group followed the 2 red wires that come off the Valeo solenoid ?

One wire stops the engine and the other closes the Valeo Solenoid to connect the Battery negative to the engine block,

I have a problem with the wire that closes the ground circuit to connect it to the block. It is a real bear to trace the wire all the way to the engine panel.

I am getting annoyed trying to trace these wires and find the open in the circuit.

Fair Winds

Eric

Sent: Monday, July 18, 2016 7:35 AM

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 3:18 AM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

To what relay is this thread referring ?

Fair Winds

Eric

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners @yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2016 1:11 PM

Yes, Ben. I have been emailing Neils directly with photos, but determined that it is an Amel installed standard 24VDC house battery alternator. Every SM 24VDC alternator I have seen has the optional 175 amp Leece Neville Alternator.

Regardless the relay is the same.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Bill

BeBe 387

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Ben Driver/YAHOO joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Neils 

I looked closely at picture you posted .  I have exactly same alternator.  No manufacturers' name is on  it.  just CE Label.  Check closely those small wire connections . 

Ben Driver

La Bella Vita

SM #347

On Jul 16, 2016, at 3:26 PM, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Neils, 

yes the relay is related to the red lamp

maybe you have a faulty relay (unlikely), but its more likely to be the alternator itself and/or the alternator regulator.

I don't recognise that alternator, maybe someone else with a similar vintage boat can help.

Otherwise you need at least an auto-electrician, but preferably a marine electrician that understands  the Amel isolated ground system, to investigate it.

Good luck

Alan

Elyse SM437

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.