Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Water heater long term storage

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

I would empty the water tank and add camping anti freeze for the complete fresh water system.  Change the heater element too.

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre Germain
Eleuthera, SM007

On 26 Jul 2016, at 12:56, Richard Piller richard03801@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi we drain the tank if the boat is in an area subject freezing.
Given the age of the water heater and that you got rust you might just want to change the electric heating element too.

Regards
Capt Richard Piller

On Jul 26, 2016, at 04:48, mshirloo@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

HI all;

The last time we came back after about 6 months, the hot water had some rust colored water for a coupe of days. We had emptied out all water from the main water tank but must have had some water in the hot water tank. So I'm wondering what others have done and what is the proper wintering procedure for the water heater tank.

Thank you

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

Amel 54 #099

Posted by: Richard Piller <richard03801@...>

Save time and get your email on the go with the Yahoo Mail app
Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.