Thats good news then. I wonder if Bill is correct that you have an issue with the blade. If that is the case, it would be a simple fix.

Steve
Aloha SM72

On Jul 29, 2016, at 13:22, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Steve, It felt  normal before I launched in April. Very aware of Rascal's problems , I inspected his boat before he left the Sassafras and advised him that the bearings were shot . Later while in the Caribbean , he thought the motor may have failed, as it would not turn and remembering the condition the bearing were in, I suggested he replace them before taking the motor to a shop. It turned out to be the bearings not the motor. I replaced my bearings a few years ago and probably have not ran my thruster a total of ten minutes since.
Thanks,
Pat SM#123

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Davis flyboyscd@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Fri, Jul 29, 2016 3:03 pm
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow truster vibration

Hi Pat,

I'm not sure about the only one direction noise. When Rick Grimes on Rascal had the noisy bow thruster which eventually led to total failure, I found the prop had lots of lateral slop as a result of all the bearings having failed. Have you tried to turn the prop by hand to see how it feels?

Steve Davis
Aloha SM72
Grenada

On Jul 29, 2016, at 12:13, sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

My bow thruster is making a loud unusual noise and vibration , but in only one direction . I was preoccupied with getting it into a travel and failed to make note of which direction it made noise. Any thoughts on what would make vibration/noise in one direction. I now wish I had left it down to take a look . It was only out for ten minutes for the surveyor to inspect the hull and once again, I was preoccupied with the task at hand to determine anything concerning the bow thruster. I will have another chance in a couple of weeks when its pulled again to switch out all the transducers. I ordered a new hub and screws from Maud to be ready, if needed.

Thanks,
Pat SM Shenanigans