Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow truster vibration

tfortner1975

The boat has been at the doc for quiet some time. Barnacle build up possibly? Equipment malfunction? Dried sticky seals?

When we tried to retract it, it was intermittent.

If I do purchase it a complete overall will be done and then maybe a final answer.

And yes the inside starboard hull was chewed up as well. I couldn't get a clean image of it but could feel inside.

On Jul 30, 2016, at 4:04 PM, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Trevor, You may have nailed it , almost sure you did. The light did not go on in the down position , but I thought it was the result of a lightning strike that had blown out a fan and other lights , the buzzer also did not come on. I had  my wife look to see if the thruster went down when activated and it did , but she may not have realized it  was not down all the way. I also noticed scuffing  on the edge of the hull opening on the starboard side. I now wished I had ordered a new prop . Did you determine why the thruster did not extend all the way down ?
Thanks Again,
Pat SM #123