Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] illustration of the Basic Maintenance of the Lofrans Tigres Windlass

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Thanks, Alex.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 4:45 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

For the new owners like myself who are intimidated by maintenance task they have never done performed, I illustrated the “Basic maintenance” of the Lofrans Tigres Windlass.

I really would like the more experience owners to look at the document and make sure I did not make any mistake (too much grease, etc.) and correct me.

Since I purchase my vessel (end of 2012) I had never serviced the windlass… Why?
because I don’t use it much and gave priority to other systems that i use all the time.
Consequently some parts were very difficult to extract.

Now that I am familiar with it, I will definitely service it on a regular basis (starting every 3 months).
I believe this will be much easier and quicker.

This also helped me to understand better how my windlass works.

Here is the link:
http://nikimat.com/lofrans_tigres_windlass.html

For low bandwidth user, the document is split in 5 sections.

If bandwidth is not an issue, there is also the full version (58 pictures).

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico