Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Super Maramu FRIENDSHIP II Hull #415 From San Francisco

Mark Pitt

I know that boat.  It was launched about the same time as my Super Maramu "Sabbatical III" and the owner, Bob Stewart from San Francisco, was finishing the one week orientation with Olivier Beaute at about the time that my wife and I started it (October 2003).  He was also in the ARC 2003 with me and the last that I saw of him and the boat was in the Caribbean in early 2004.  The only other biographical fact that I can remember is that he was in "real estate."  I hope that he is OK.

Mark Pitt

"Sabbatical III, ASM #419, Carloforte, Italy

On 7/30/2016 7:14 PM, yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

I saw a terrible sight today! Located at Coral Cove Marina, Trinidad in the secured hard storage area is FRIENDSHIP II, Super Maramu Red Line Hull #415 with a homeport of San Francisco. It has been on the hard since 2008 and is rotting and molding in place. There is even mold on the spreaders. What once was an all-boat cover is in shreds. According to locals nobody has visited this boat since it was placed on the hard in 2008. I was also told that someone is paying for storage.

Does anyone know anything about this boat. I have photos for the owner or an interested party.

Best,

Bill Rouse

BeBe, 387