Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] illustration of the Basic Maintenance of the Lofrans Tigres Windlass
Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I did read the manual, and that is why I know that you should grease the cone. The following is a copy of the manual in English. Like I said previously, I have had discussion with people who are not aware of this.
Below are indicated the operations and the period we consider essential to get the best efficiency and performance of your anchor windlass.
1. Clean all the outer surfaces and the hidden points with fresh water and remove the salt layer.
2. Grease the outer rotation parts . Particularly the main shaft thread and the clutch cones. Check for evidences of corrosion and stress.
3. Check the terminals of the electric motor and the Control Box. Test the drop of tension at the terminals.
4. Check the rotation and the speed of the electric motor. If it runs slowly check the electric motor brushes and clean with abrasive paper. Replace when necessary.
5. Replace of the all outer seals. The geabox is proper filled with SAE 90 long life oil.
6. Remove the windlass from the deck to clean the salt under the basement.
If you do not have a copy of the Lofrans manual, you can download a copy here:
On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 8:11 PM, 'hanspeter.baettig@...' hanspeter.baettig@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote: