Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Flying the foc d'artimon and trinquette on Maramu 46

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

I totally agree with Ann-Sofie!

Add a sock to the mizzen ballooner and you will use it more.

BTW, when asked by others about that sail, we call it a "secret sail."

Bill
BeBe 387

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Ann-Sofie Svanberg kanalmamman@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

And if you add a sock to your mizzen staysail, it is so much easier to manage.

Regards
Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila, SM 232,1998

Skickat från min iPad

30 juli 2016 kl. 21:11 skrev divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

The foc d'artimon/mizzen staysail/mizzen ballooner....

Tack is on the u bolt in front of the dodger.
The peak on the halyard from the front of the mizzen mast
put a block on the eye bolt on the aft gunwale on the side you want the sheet
run the sheet outside the rail to the block and then  back to a winch
Haul it up the mizzen mast et voila

Trinquette/staysail...depends on what configuration you have
Inner forestays were not standard on Amel boats
We have a furler with a staysail on it but not tracks for the sheet blocks, we use snatch blocks
Some have tracks on the deck along side the cabin top
maybe you have a stay you can attach and a hank on staysail ??

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437