Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Changing oil VP TMD22

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hi Paul,

Sorry to have missed you when you were in Palma… we were only 3 NM away in Portals Nous bay but had poor internet and could not communicate.  We are headed west as well and expect to be in Gib on 12 Sep + or -..  (Booked at Ocean Village Marina)  We expect to leave for Madeira on 18 Sep and spend nearly a month touring the island.  See you on the ATL.

I normally get about 5 liters out of mine, using a Pela vacuum pump of 6 liter capacity.  (Pela Model 650) (don’t get the smaller units as they do not have sufficient volume for our uses) I like the Pela because you can leave it in place overnight with a good vacuum suction and you have nothing other than the (messy) filter removal and replacement in the morning .

Cheers and fair winds,

Jean-Pierre Germain,
SY Eleuthera, Amel Super Maramu 007

On 7 Aug 2016, at 15:00, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello!

When I change oil in my VP TMD 22, I never get out more than ca 4 liter, The manual say 6 liter.

I use the on purpose "fixed" oil change pump, What do I do wrong? or is it similar for you others with the TMD22?

Paul on S/Yn Kerpa SM#259