Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] New Climma 9EH A/C Unit needed

karkauai

Hi Bill.  I have the same configuration as Eric, with the entire AC unit in the aft head under the cubby holes.
The only thing I the engine room is the AC seawater pump.

Kent
SM 243
Kristy

On Aug 12, 2016, at 8:57 AM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Kent,

I am fairly sure that you have/had separate Climma A/C with the compressor in the engine room.

Eric has a Climma Compact with the entire unit located inside the boat where your evaporator and blower would be.

But, frankly, I think that you did the smart thing with going with a Climma solution. They simply last longer than other marine A/C units...at least that is my opinion...I think the Captain had the same opinion.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 7:54 PM, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 I just got a whole new unit from Costal Climate Control in Bowie, MD.  They delivered it to Curaçao in 1wk.  If yours is an old one, you'll need a different controller, and they recommended a new evaporator.
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

On Aug 11, 2016, at 5:08 PM, kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

My 9 Eh Climma unit finally bought the bullet.
The delivery time from Italy is extensive and I was wondering what options other Amel owners have used.
Fair Winds,
Eric
SM 376 Kimberlite