Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Watertank cleaning on SM

karkauai

Bon Jour Olivier,
I am unable to remove the aft freezer to access the forward tank. I've removed all the screws I can find on the woodwork around the box and it's still immobile on the phone inboard end.  What am I missing?

Merci beaucoup pour votre aide!
Kent, Patch, Rusty
SM243
Kristy

On Aug 12, 2016, at 9:32 AM, Beaute Olivier atlanticyachtsurvey@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Paul,

I wish it would be just a 5 minutes job...
However, in your SM, there are 2 more inspection hatches (there are 3 compartments in the water tank, so, 3 inspection hatches). One is located under the fridge in the galley, the other one is located under the deep freezer.
Removing the fridge to get access to the aft hatch is rather easy.
In order to remove the deep freezer, you first need to disconnect the compressor from the evaporator thanks to the valve fitting connectors (there is a valve inside the connector to prevent the gas from escaping). Then you can remove the whole freezer container by undoing a few screws.

For me, a thorough cleaning of the SM freshwater tank takes one day work...(a bit less on a Santorin and Maramu).

Bon courage.

Olivier.

On Friday, August 12, 2016 1:55 PM, "Jean-Pierre Germain jgermain@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi James,

Also agree with Michel. While tank is empty, you can also check the heads of the keel bolts for corrosion

:-)

Jean-Pierre Germain
Eleuthera SM007

On 12 Aug 2016, at 13:33, James Alton lokiyawl2@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

JPG,

   A very simple solution!  (grin)

   Michel btw warned me against using a pressure washer of any sort since it can lift the tank coating causing flaking and problems down the road.

James

On Aug 12, 2016, at 5:56 AM, Jean-Pierre Germain jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Paul,

Remove the tank cover and using your wet/dry vacuum cleaner, suck out the tank bottom.

Takes 5 mins

Jean-Pierre
Eleuthera SM007

On 12 Aug 2016, at 09:24, p.aebersold@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello everyone
Has somebody a good Solution to clean the watertank on a super Maramu
I cannot find any remark in this Forum on this Subjekt

Thanks Paul  sm328