Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Jabsco Quite Flush Toilet Maintenance and Head Smell

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347

I had same issue many many times.  Glad you verified this.  I even complained to Jabsco customer service to no avail.

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

On Aug 12, 2016, at 2:13 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks, Jim

That has always been an issue and you solved it!

Bill
BeBe 387

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 2:58 PM, capt.anderson@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Quick report on most recent Jabsco Quiet Flush head service: Prior to today, never on the 1ST try have I been able to get the "seal housing" to seal and not leak when re-attaching it to the base of the head with the 4 screws. (Often not on the 2ND or 3RD tries, too.) That is because the O-ring provided by Jabsco service kit, part# 90197-0000 is ever so slightly too big and it won't stay in, even with grease to hold it. Today  I got it not to leak on the very 1ST try using a 1.5MM X 75MM O-ring. I'm sure this is a common part, but I got a handful of them from O-Rings West, 2125 196TH ST SW, Suite #114, Lynwood, WA 98036, USA +1 (425) 967-5732 oringswest"dot"com, part #N70-M1.5X75 .
Best to All,
Jim
SM384 Sirena Azul
Seatttle