Re: BOW THRUSTER SERVICE

Judy Rouse

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, amelliahona <no_reply@...> wrote:
If you are having to pull on the cable to
achieve Thruster locking-pin alignment you might try adjusting the
thruster as described
below.

We visited the Amel service office in Guadeloupe recently and had the
bow thruster checked for alignment. We thought it should be adjusted
so that it would not require that we pull on the cable in order to
insert the locking-pin. They refused to adjust it and said that we
should have to pull on the cable before inserting the locking-pin;
perfectly normal procedure to ensure that the tension on the seals
will prevent water intrusion when sailing into pounding seas. So we
left it that way. Having to pull on the cable isn't a big deal to us,
but thanks for the advice anyway.

Judy
S/V BeBe
SM2 #387