From: drdavegoodman
Date: Friday, May 4, 2007 3:53 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] 220v shore power cord
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

I am in the process of purchasing a 1998 SM in the US. I have been
told by a surveyor and electrician that the stock 220v shore power
cord does not meet US electrical code standards, and that the cord
needs to be replaced by a 4 wire, minimum 10 guage cord. The
replacement cord is much heavier and thicker, and requires the groove
in the aft lazarette cover to be enlarged. Has anyone had experience
with replacing this cord? Thanks.