Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] 220v shore power cord

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>

We agree we've done and continue to do it. You may
also want to get a 120 volt 30 amp plug as well. This
of course means you'll need a new battery charger to
handle both 220 and 120. We just installed a unit
from Dolphin that does the trick quite well.

We also added a True Sine 24 volt to 110 volt inverter
to do away with Amel 220 to 12 volts..

Good luck
Richard SM 209
--- kimberlite@optonline.net wrote:

You absolutely do not need to replace the cord with
a 4 wire cord. the stock cord is more than
sufficient as the boat does not use the white
neutral wire as normally found on USA boats. Just
get a 50 amp plug. hook the brown to the black in
the plug. hook the green to the green in the plug ,
and the blue to the red in the plug and you are
ready to plug into any 50 amp outlet in the USA or
northern Caribbean.
fair winds
eric sm 376 kimberlite