Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Lofrans Winch Mounting

karkauai

There are threaded plates in the deck.  I have had two of the bolts break off when trying to remove them.  I redrilled and tapped them, and use a slightly larger bolt that still fit through the holes in the windlass.  I service it every 6-12 months and always use lanacote or waterproof grease when reassembling.

Kent
SM 243
Kristy

On Aug 16, 2016, at 1:05 PM, sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Alexandre,

There was a discussion on oil pumps in the past few months, and one commentor noted a small diameter hose was good for the Lofrans.

I would definitely not unbolt that beast if it wasn't necessary.  Lots of wiring and it may be that there is an embedded plate with the bolt corroded fast.

Does anyone know if the mounting bolts can be just turned out (i.e. is there an embedded plate below the winch for the mounting bolts)??

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477