Re: Jabsco Quite Flush Toilet Maintenance and Head Smell

Jim Anderson

I'll try taking out just the two screws and the niple for the next joker valve change.

I flush with fresh water from the shower most of the time. On the long term to-do wish list is installing a y-valve/selector valve in the engine room for each head's supply to be able to select fresh or sea water supply. Since all vacu-flush heads on other boats are always plumbed with fresh water flush only I don't think there is more than a 1 in 100,000 chance of contaminating the fresh water supply. But if I ever get around to this I will certainly use check/joker valves, and gravity to reduce any posibility of back-flow.
Jim