Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Optional 110 Volt shore power, which wire goes where

James Wendell <ms42phantom54@...>

Alexandre, the blue wire goes to the neutral connection. The brown wire goes to the hot, and the green/yellow goes to ground.

I am confused where you indicate that you have US Red or Black going to Blue. Are you sure? In the US the white wire should be your neutral.

Jamie

s/v Phantom Amel 54 #044

On Friday, August 19, 2016 12:33 PM, "Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

I have 2 shore powers.

The 220 Volt (like every body) and the (optional) 110 Volt going to the (optional) 110 to 220 Volt transformer.

The 220 Volt has 3 wires: Brown, Blue and Yellow/Green
Which are connected to my 50 Amp 125/250 Volt the following way:
US Black (110 Volt) goes to Brown
US Red or Black (110 Volt) goes to Blue
US Green (Ground) goes to Yellow/green
US White is not connected.

All good until there.

Please forgive my ignorance in advance for the coming question:

The110 Volt shore power has 3 wires:
Brown, Blue and Yellow/Green.

I plan on purchasing a 30 Amp 125 Volt socket which has:
Neutral, Hot and Ground

Which cables goes where…
Here is a picture:
http://nikimat.com/shore_power_plug_125_volt.html