Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

The manual pump is rated at 75 liters/minute.

Paul, I had this issue with Velos Insurance. They wanted a "bilge" pump at a higher rating than either the automatic, or the manual.

I explained to them the watertight compartments and the fact that the total if the two pumps was greater than their "rule."

They ok'd the SUPER MARAMU based on watertight compartments and the standard pumps. And, BTW, I assume that Mark is correct, but I told Velos that each pump was rated at 75 liters.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Aug 19, 2016 6:12 PM, "'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

The electric pump is rated 30 GMP (115 Liters/minute) at a height of 2.5 meters.

Sorry, I do not know the rating of the manual pump – I guess it depends on how fast you can move the lever J

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

www.creampuff.us

Currently cruising:  Tampa Bay for hurricane season