Re: Leroy Somer Outhaul motor

Alan Leslie

Thanks Walter,
OK, I'll try that and see if I can get the cable out.
I've managed to pry the brush holder out of the plastic holder on deck, and I used silver solder flux and silver solder to solder the cable to the brush holder, after cleaning everything with a small wire brush...it's working for the moment but I've just ordered a new motor from Maude and I'll keep the old one as a spare just in case.
If I can't get the cable out I thought I would just cut it and use a pair of heavy duty crimp connectors to connect the new motor to the existing cable...life seems to always be a compromise.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437