Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Which Autopilot drive Rotary or Linear?

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Paul,

We had a new ATN "Gale Sail" on board, but the conditions prohibited bending this sail on to the Genoa Furler. I sold the Gale Sail afterwards...it had never been used. We mostly used about 2.3 meters of the Genoa and about half of the Mizzen for most of the high winds. When winds subsided to about 35kts, we added about 50% the main and more of the Genoa. We preferred to keep the boat speed under 7kts.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 8:44 AM, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thank you Bill!

That trigger an other question,
What canvas did you use at that condition?
We made very good speed at 30 knots of wind with half the Genua pooled out, but I guess it difficult to have it further furled I got the impression that the top will "fall" out and flog a lot if further furled:
Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259