Re: Looking to purchase Amel Super Maramu

ronandheath@...

Dear Fred,

We noticed your email sometime ago and your recent exchanges
with Richard Piller.

We have an Amel Super Maramu (hull # 171) constructed in
October 96. We are the second owners, and bought it from the
original owner in Fremantle September 2003. The yacht is
Australian Registered. We have sailed the yacht from
Fremantle to the Gold Coast in 2003, to the Louisiades in
2004, and to Darwin in 2005 where we sailed with the 2005
Rally to SE Asia. We are currently on our way home and are
in Kota Kinabulu in Sabah. We will leave here in a few days,
and sail to Sandakan and check out of Malaysia for 6-8 weeks
cruising back through Indonesia to be back in Darwin by end
of August 2007. We will leave the boat in Darwin for a month
to fly back to the Gold Coast and then fly back to sail the
yacht "over the top" and back down the Queensland coast to
be home at Runaway Bay by late November.

The boat was very well maintained by the original owner (he
bought a new Amel) and we have continued with a rigorous
maintenance program.

Since owning the boat we have -
Installed a Pactor 3 modem for SailMail (2003)
Installed S/S gas BBQ (2003)
Purchased a new2 RIB and 15hp Yamaha (Oct 2003)
Replaced 6 person liferaft (Oct 2003)
Replaced HF radio with Icom 710-Aus (Oct 2003)
Replaced Gas bottles and storage area to meet Qld Standards
- Gas certificate issued (20O4)
Installed electric davits - by Davco (2004)
Installed awning extension to dodger
Replaced the Genoa, Main and Mizzen (2004)
Installed Racor fuel filter system (2004)
Installed Jabsco retrofit electric pumps with macerator on
both toilets (2005)-complies with Qld Standards
Replaced the electric motor on watermaker (2005)
Installed LED masthead anchor light and masthead navigation
light (2005)
Replaced the 24v front opening fridge compressor (2005)
Replaced 24v/240v TV and DVD player (2005)
Replaced the original batteries with 9X110amp sealed
batteries (2005)
Replaced corroded water jacket on Onan (2005)
Replaced VHF radio and aerial with Icom M402 & commandamatic
mike (2005)
Replaced membranes in watermaker (2006)
Complete service and replacement of bearings on Brunton
folding/feathering propellor (2006)
Replaced B&G masthead unit (2006)

The boat spent the wet season (June to October) on the hard
at Boat Lagoon Phuket in 2006
at that time we had -

Both the engines - Volvo and Onan - fully serviced with
injectors serviced and the timing belt replaced
Had the bow thruster serviced. Had bronze bush on the drive
leg replaced - to be replaced each 2 years.
The faux caulking repainted, the waterline raised at the
stern and the bootline repainted and the hull buffed and
polished
The bottom aintifouled - all by the Australian tradesman at
Boat Lagoon
Had the anchor chain regalvanized.

Replaced the bowthruster solenoids (Apr 2007)

To be honest, we have not yet decided on selling the boat -
with the above maintenance, she performs very reliably and
we still enjoy sailing her. However, we have canvasssed the
thought of sale and would be interested in further contact
if you were interested.

We are certainly Amel fans and if you buy one we are sure
you would enjoy the boats.

Best Wishes

Ron & Heather BROWN - Yacht Tradewinds lll

Thank you Richard.

As you see , I have asked for interest in a sale in
Sopac or Australia.

I must assume then, that you are prepared to deliver
this yacht to Australia or deduct this shipping from the
purchase price if delivered in MD.

If I this is a reasonable assumption, based on your
response, feel free to contact me.

Richard Piller <richard03801@yahoo.com> wrote:
We have a 46 available in Annapolis that you may be
interest in please see it at Yacht World.
thanks
Richard

--- fredfroget wrote:

Hello again group

I'm reposting a message of a couple of months ago in
case any new
opportunities have emerged.

In the process of moving up in yacht size I have
placed Amels right
at the top of my short list.

I'm in Brisbane, Australia and enquire whether there
are any Amel
owners who might be planning, or indeed are in
transit south and
intend to make Australia or SoPac the final stop
with intention of
selling their yacht here or somewhere else in
SoPac.

I am looking to purchase within a flexible timeframe
and would
consider Amels 46' and over, preferably without C
Drive...ie Maramu
and Mango, although C Drive yachts built between
1995 and 1998 may be
considered.

Incidently, any purchase is not dependent on the
sale of an
existing vessel as is so often the case. That is, I
intend a cash
purchase for the right yacht.

I am looking for a personal yacht. I am not a broker
or dealer and
would ask that only private owners contact me
personally. I do not
wish to transact with brokers, dealers ,
professional or semi-
professional yacht delivery outfits.

Please feel free to contact me at.....

fredfroget AT yahoo.com

in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Check your Email accounts at http://www.MyEmail.com

Login from home, work, school. Anywhere!