Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Rigging tune on Maramu caused damage

James Alton

Peter,

  Now that I see the potential problem I will be checking all aspects of the mizzen mast support on Sueno and will let you know what I find.  The mizzen mast box on my boat is still fit perfectly to the aft wall of the cockpit, no movement.   The lower portion of the compression posts look like they are essentially the same as on your boat.

  How tight is the rigging on your boat?

Best,

James

On Sep 1, 2016, at 6:18 PM, peterblokpoel@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Ok James I will check again the bottom of the box from outside and will try to remove some of the isolation on the ceiling of engine room and check there. Will let you know any results.

When you are back on board could you check if the base of the compressionposts are set on steel or wood?

Peter