Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Illustration of the Onan Exhaust Elbow Replacement

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Alex,

Great photos. I read earlier a discussion regarding RTV. I would not use high temperature RTV on the new part, but would use it if I was refitting the old part because of the pitting in the metal.

Thanks for the photos.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 4:07 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Reading about Gary Silver SM#335 Liahona, Mike Gough SM 378, Mike Ondra SM#240 Aletes about their Exhaust Mixing Elbow (and Exhaust manifold) being blocked with carbon build up, I decided to purchase a spare Exhaust Mixing Elbow, several Exhaust gaskets, and change mine as preventive maintenance, having 2014 hours on the Onan generator.

For the new owners like myself who are intimidated by new maintenance they have not performed yet, I illustrated the “Exhaust Elbow Replacement” on the Onan generator.

Please do not hesitate to comment, especially if I made error, as this can only be beneficial for our group.
I can already say that re-reading Gary’s email on Feb 12, 2016, I forgot to add a thin coat of Permatex High Temperature RTV…

Here is the link:
http://nikimat.com/onan_exhaust_elbow_replacement.html

For low bandwidth user, the document is split in 6 sections.

If bandwidth is not an issue, there is also the full version (37 pictures).

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico