Masthead lights do not last

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347

Since we bought our SM last year (Feb 2015) we've  replaced the anchor light bulb 5 times.  The boat was little used - fewer than 800 hours on engine and generator - and we've  had only the usual maintenance issues which makes this issue most perplexing.  We're trying to determine what could cause premature bulb failures.  I've suspected a bad batch of bulbs; a surge in the electrical when running the generator; or perhaps corroded fitting causing an on/off for the bulb thereby shortening their life.

Has anyone had a similar experience?  Also it would wonderful to have a source for high quality bulbs.

Thanks
Ben and Gayle
La Bella Vita
SM 347