Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Masthead lights do not last

svperegrinus@yahoo.com

Kent,

Is a voltage stabiliser the same as a DC-DC converter?

Cheerio,

Peregrinus
SM2K 350
At anchor, Ponza

---In amelyachtowners@..., <karkauai@...> wrote :

I had a similar problem several years ago when I switch to LED bulbs. It turned out that I needed a voltage stabilizer, which prevents both spikes and drops in voltage. The LED bulbs first came out, they were much more sensitive than they are now two changes in voltage.   Since I installed the stabilizer, I have not had a problem.
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

Kent Robertson
828-234-6819 voice/text

On Sep 5, 2016, at 10:22 AM, joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Since we bought our SM last year (Feb 2015) we've  replaced the anchor light bulb 5 times.  The boat was little used - fewer than 800 hours on engine and generator - and we've  had only the usual maintenance issues which makes this issue most perplexing.  We're trying to determine what could cause premature bulb failures.  I've suspected a bad batch of bulbs; a surge in the electrical when running the generator; or perhaps corroded fitting causing an on/off for the bulb thereby shortening their life.

Has anyone had a similar experience?  Also it would wonderful to have a source for high quality bulbs.

Thanks
Ben and Gayle
La Bella Vita
SM 347