Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Santorin Dip stick./ Fuel Guage

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Bill,

Very reasonable calculation.  Based on 2500 hours of use on 2 different boats with the same engine, Volvo TDM22, I calculated 2.95 l/hr at low cruise rpm (1400-1800) (5 knots).  Given the engine is 80 HP and an older generation, our figures match closely.

Enjoy your last few days with BeBe.

Jean-Pierre Germain
Eleuthera, SM007

On 7 Sep 2016, at 04:17, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Eric,

I can't help you precisely, but can give you a clue. I track fuel consumption by the number of hours on the engine. I use 3.5 liters/hour for the Yanmar 100hp Turbo. Most of the RPM range between 1800 and 2000. This 3.5 liters is a 4,000 hour average and within 5% of actual each time I fill the tank.

Possibly someone with a Santorin can give you the number you need, or just start with a safe 4 liters an hour and adjust with experience.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 7:48 PM, ericmeury@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

The original fuel dip stick was broken in pieces so i got a new one made.  As soon as i put it in the new one snapped at the bend of the fuel fill hose.  After 3 beers and some we finally got it out.

So what are my options for monitoring fuel level.

Jean-Pierre Germain,
+44 7551 211 511
jp.germain@...