Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Chain counter

Patrick McAneny

I just got an email from Maud , She said they were supplied to Amel by Pochon , but did not know who manufactured them . I email her contact there to see if a replacement is available . Thanks for the input.
Pat SM123

-----Original Message-----
From: 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Tue, Sep 6, 2016 8:17 pm
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Chain counter

Ben

It is only a Raymarine cover...nothing else is Raymarine. 

Pat,

It was made for Amel by Pochon in France...they no longer make it, but may repair it. Probably any electronics guy can repair it because the control box is fairly simple. The part that fails seems to always be the sensor which is made by IFM Efector, Inc - IFM.com‎. The original sensor was model number IB5076, which has been replaced with model number IB5124. Follow this link and order one for $110: http://www.ifm.com/products/us/ds/IB5124.htm

Bill
BeBe 387

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 6:41 PM, Ben Driver joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

My chain counter display is Raymarine.  Not sure internally its Raymarine but display cover is such. 

Ben and Gayle
La Bella Vita
SM #347
6S

On Sep 6, 2016, at 3:29 PM, Bill greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

The chain counter on our boat had been replaced by a model from Quick.  It's not quite a "drop-in" replacement, but is a nice piece of equipment.

A Quick CHC1202M. Like this:

Bill Kinney
SM#160, Harmonie
Narragansett Bay, RI, USA

On Sep 6, 2016, at 17:22, Andrew Lamb andrew.lamb@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Pat

Our Chain counter also stopped working I made contact with Pochon who do not make these anymore but can repair them - email is accueilsavlr 'at ' pochon.com

Andrew
Ronpische
SM 472

On 6 Sep 2016, at 23:19, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Alan, I looked through the Pochon Catalogue , it looked like they are a distributor of thousands of marine products , but I could not find the chain counter.Do you know that they manufacture , rather than just sell ? I figure the Z has to stand for something.
Thanks,
Pat SM 123

-----Original Message-----
From: divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Sep 6, 2016 4:24 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Chain counter

They were manufactured by Pochon in France

Pochon S. A.
Avenue Michel CREPEAU78501 
17000 La Rochelle
France
Tel.: +33-546 413 053
Fax: +33-546 505 857
E-Mail:commercial@...
WEB: www.pochon.com
Mr. Didier Dupois

Good luck

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.