Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SIPHON BREAK USING A VENTED LOOP -RAW WATER ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good afternoon Alex,

Here is a picture of the anti- siphon on my vessel, I have the Volvo TMD 22 P
http://www.nikimat.com/volvo_tmd22p_missing_hoses/volvo_tmd22p_missing_hoses_4.jpg
Don’t look at the arrows, they are for something else.
The BIG black hose is the exhaust.
Behind it is a yellow/black hose going to the top of the picture to a metallic half circle, that is the anti- siphon.

I will also sent you directly via email a page of the SM2K Owner Manual showing the Yanmar anti- siphon.
Let me know if you receive it.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] SIPHON BREAK USING A VENTED LOOP -RAW WATER ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 2:32 PM

Good
afternoon, does anyone have
images or a diagram of an anti- siphon installation
on the raw water side of the engine cooling system? I am
considering this step in addition to a few others to avoid
water backing into the engine exhaust system on the Yanmar
4JH4-HTE (repowered) on our Older Maramu.
Alex PaquinSIMPATICOOlder Maramu Hull #94,
1981

Posted by: alex.paquin@usa.net

via web post

Reply to sender