Re: Joker Valve

Ian Park

On the hose from the sea cock. It is usual to have a loop in the flexible pipe taking it above the heeled water line. There is usually  plastic 'u' bend clamped on to the up and down pipes to form the u shape. This bend should have a small screw cap (like a car tyres valve). Inside is a tiny rubber non return valve. It allows air into the pipework to prevent the motion of the boat pumping sea water back up the pipe until it siphons back into the toilet.


Join to automatically receive all group messages.