Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Joker Valve

VLADIMIR SONSEV

Hi Alan,

I have the same problem and I can't resolve it. All new valves do not close completely. There is 0.01" -0.015" gap between valve lips. I thought that I have a bad batch of valves. I checked valves in the different stors and all of them have a gap. Perhaps under some pressure the valve get closed and on Amel the pressure is not sufficient if holding tank is at low level.
I would like to know if evrybody see a nerrow opening between valve lips on the new valves.

Vladimir
SV "Life is Good"
SM 345

Vladimir
202 258 1916

On Sep 12, 2016 12:17 AM, "divanz620@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...om> wrote:

I never really understood why they called it a "Joker" valve, now I think I know: it is a joke, it doesn't work!

I've replaced this valve in both heads twice now and the bowls still slowly fill with backflow from the pipe to the holding tank.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this, or have i just got a bad batch of valves ?

Cheers

Alan

Elyse SM437

Noumea