Companionway sliding door gasket deterioration

closereach <no_reply@...>

Shearwater is a 1984 Maramu, and we're undergoing a huge refit, one
very small part of which was replacing the companionway vertical
sliding door. The problem we've encountered is the deterioration of
the rubber gasket which goes along the bottom of the door sill, so
water running down the outside of the door goes aft over the sill
into the cockpit, rather than into the door's "pocket" and thence
eventually into the bilge. Any idea of where to get the same or
similar gasket, short of trying to deal directly with Amel? Our
prior efforts with them have been frustrating due to the language
barrier, as well as contending with US Customs.

Bob and Laurie Wright