Re: Microwave replacement

Judy Rouse

Diane,

Our "repaired" microwave failed again. We had Caroline at Amel in
Guadeloupe purchase the same microwave that Gary describes below. She
is holding it until we arrive in Bonaire and will ship it to us there.

Her email address is amel.caraibes "at" wanadoo.fr..substitute the
"at" with @.

Best,

Bill & Judy Rouse
s/v BeBe
SM2 #387

- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, amelliahona <no_reply@...> wrote:

Diane:

We just replaced our microwave on our SM 2000 , hull #335 while we
were in Guadeloupe
for a few weeks. We measured the cabinetry space and bracket
available, including the
recess' in the the wood base into which the microwave rubber feet
fit, and found a near
perfect fit with a Samsung 82 W -X 23L purchased from the Conforma
store on the road
to the airport. It is a 220 volt, 50 Hertz model, white in color so
that it lightens the galley
up a little bit and does not have the browning element. It isn't
quite as tall as the original
Amel provided microwave but measures the same in all other
dimensions. I utilized a
piece of dark colored closed cell foam padding under the hold down
bracket to make up
for the height and it is barely visible in the rather dark recesses
where the hold down
bracket is located. I considered purchasing a 110 volt 60 hertz
unit and running it off my
inverter but in the end decided to stick with a 50 hertz unit.

Regards, Gary Silver