Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] No power to SSB

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Duane,

I just saw your photo...Mastervolt, not Icom.

I assume the converter is bad.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 4:24 AM, Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...> wrote:
Duane,

BeBe has a large Icom 24VDC to 12VDC converter installed below the Nav Table and connected to that breaker. There is a small rocker switch on the front of that converter. When you find it, it may be on and still no power. That rocker switch is problematic. I know of several failures.

Maybe this helps you...look again.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 3:31 AM, sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

As a result of removing a hardwired satellite broadband phone/internet system from Wanderer, I now have no power to the SSB.  The Broadband system was wired to the breaker for the SSB in the hanging locker.  After I had the wiring for it removed I checked the SSB and no power.  So I put the wiring back that had fed the Broadband and still no joy.

I started checking tonight to see if I could trace it down and found that I have no power coming out of the Mastervolt 24/12V converter in the locker below the nav desk.  There is 24V power coming to the converter.  There is no on/off switch on the units (I found the user manual on line and it agrees).

Anybody have an idea why the 24/12Volt converter isn't working?

Thanks,

Duane

Wanderer

SM#477