From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2016 2:37 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] AC Delco Deep Cycle batteries?

Good afternoon,

As you might know, the power has been out in Puerto Rico since Wednesday.
So had to use the genset to recharge the batteries…
After 1/2 hour the charger won’t allow more than 3 amp…
Plus after an hour (even hatch open) the engine room becomes too hot to keep using the generator (without risking damage to the control board) - which is another issue I need to address (and yes, all the fan are working).

Battery choice is limited here in Puerto Rico… what do you think of AC Delco?
Seems to be the only supplier.

Now I have Group 27.
For those who have the 8 House batteries, will the Group 31 fit?

If you know a supplier of Good batteries in Puerto Rico, let me know

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico