Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AC Panel Green Light

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347

Thanks Bill .  I will check out light source as well as meter.  I have been thinking a Cruz Pro or maybe Blue Sea would be invaluable.  Especially in older marinas where you could experience low or high voltage and be unawares.  I did put a multi meter on my generator and found it was putting out only 200 vac.  I was able to go into control box and adjust upward to 220 vac.  A permanently installed meter would have informed me much sooner.
Ben

Ben and Gayle
La Bella Vita
SM #347

On Sunday, September 25, 2016, 12:23 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Ben,

The Green 220VAC light on BeBe has gotten dimmer with age. I have not looked, but I am guessing it is a 220VAC LED.

This, or something similar would likely work:
https://www.amazon.com/Power-Indicator-Pilot-Single-Light/dp/B00DUW2NSC

You may want to consider installing something more than a bulb, which really tells you nothing.

I installed a CruzPro VAF110. It is a TriData meter that tells me Volts, Amps being consumed, and Frequency (50 or 60htz). http://www.cruzpro.com/vaf110.html

This gives me data on shore power and on generator power, which ever source is delivering power to the main AC breaker box.

I am sure that there are other meters/gauges that do the same thing.

Best,

Bill

BeBe 387

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 8:52 AM, Ben Driver/YAHOO joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Sorry Ian.  I inadvertently left signature line off.  My bad.  Thanks for info.  I will contact Amel as I have other parts I need order.

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

On Sep 23, 2016, at 10:45 AM, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups. com> wrote:

Joe ( I am guessing , since you don't give your name ) ,
I am about to have a new bulb fitted by Amel in Hyeres   , so I'm sure they would sell you one .

Ian and Judy , Pen Azen , SM 302 Hyeres

On 23 Sep 2016, at 16:27, joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups. com> wrote:

Has anyone had the AC panel green light fail?  Mine failed -  lots of Power from genset or shore but no light.  I assume it is small 220v AC bulb.  Can anyone recommend a source ?