Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AC Panel Green Light

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Ben,

Yikes, 200VAC would likely harm AC's.

Yes, I am reluctant to recommend changing Amel designs, but because of the lack of quality in marinas, it is necessary to have one of these.

I have not experienced an Onan putting out the wrong voltage. That could be a sign that the governor is not working correctly. The next time you have a chance to have an Onan tech on board, have them check the RPM's of the engine to see if it is in spec with no load and then again with maybe 2 AC's running. The RPM should stay constant at 1,800 RPM. I am not an expert on this, but I think you should check it.

Best,

Bill
BeBe 387

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Ben Driver joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks Bill .  I will check out light source as well as meter.  I have been thinking a Cruz Pro or maybe Blue Sea would be invaluable.  Especially in older marinas where you could experience low or high voltage and be unawares.  I did put a multi meter on my generator and found it was putting out only 200 vac.  I was able to go into control box and adjust upward to 220 vac.  A permanently installed meter would have informed me much sooner.

Ben

Ben and Gayle
La Bella Vita
SM #347

On Sunday, September 25, 2016, 12:23 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Ben,

The Green 220VAC light on BeBe has gotten dimmer with age. I have not looked, but I am guessing it is a 220VAC LED.

This, or something similar would likely work:
https://www.amazon.com/Power-Indicator-Pilot-Single-Light/dp/B00DUW2NSC

You may want to consider installing something more than a bulb, which really tells you nothing.

I installed a CruzPro VAF110. It is a TriData meter that tells me Volts, Amps being consumed, and Frequency (50 or 60htz). http://www.cruzpro.com/vaf110.html

This gives me data on shore power and on generator power, which ever source is delivering power to the main AC breaker box.

I am sure that there are other meters/gauges that do the same thing.

Best,

Bill

BeBe 387

On Sun, Sep 25, 2 016 at 8:52 AM, Ben Driver/YAHOO joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Sorry Ian.  I inadvertently left signature line off.  My bad.  Thanks for info.  I will contact Amel as I have other parts I need order.

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

On Sep 23, 2016, at 10:45 AM, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups. com> wrote:

Joe ( I am guessing , since you don't give your name ) ,
I am about to have a new bulb fitted by Amel in Hyeres   , so I'm sure they would sell you one .

Ian and Judy , Pen Azen , SM 302 Hyeres

On 23 Sep 2016, at 16:27, joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups. com> wrote:

Has anyone had the AC panel green light fail?  Mine failed -  lots of Power from genset or shore but no light.  I assume it is small 220v AC bulb.  Can anyone recommend a source ?