Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AC Panel Green Light

Eric Freedman

Ben,

If you look back in the photo section, you will see my power monitoring panel with a circuit breaker. The meters are mounted in the triangular piece of wood to port of the Ac panel. There is a volt, amp, and frequency meter mounted on it in addition to the circuit breaker.

It is always on .

January 24 this year I plugged into a 50 amp pedestal and saw there was 110 volts coming out of it. If I did not have my additional circuit breaker off I would have damaged a lot of things. Having all 3 meters on at once really is nice as you can just look over at any time and see whats happening in big red numbers.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2016 12:56 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AC Panel Green Light

Thanks Bill .  I will check out light source as well as meter.  I have been thinking a Cruz Pro or maybe Blue Sea would be invaluable.  Especially in older marinas where you could experience low or high voltage and be unawares.  I did put a multi meter on my generator and found it was putting out only 200 vac.  I was able to go into control box and adjust upward to 220 vac.  A permanently installed meter would have informed me much sooner.  

Ben 

Ben and Gayle

La Bella Vita 

SM #347

On Sunday, September 25, 2016, 12:23 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Ben,

The Green 220VAC light on BeBe has gotten dimmer with age. I have not looked, but I am guessing it is a 220VAC LED.

This, or something similar would likely work:
https://www.amazon.com/Power-Indicator-Pilot-Single-Light/dp/B00DUW2NSC

You may want to consider installing something more than a bulb, which really tells you nothing.

I installed a CruzPro VAF110. It is a TriData meter that tells me Volts, Amps being consumed, and Frequency (50 or 60htz). http://www.cruzpro.com/vaf110.html

This gives me data on shore power and on generator power, which ever source is delivering power to the main AC breaker box.

I am sure that there are other meters/gauges that do the same thing.

Best,

Bill

BeBe 387

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 8:52 AM, Ben Driver/YAHOO joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Sorry Ian.  I inadvertently left signature line off.  My bad.  Thanks for info.  I will contact Amel as I have other parts I need order.  

Ben Driver

La Bella Vita

SM #347

On Sep 23, 2016, at 10:45 AM, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups. com> wrote:

Joe ( I am guessing , since you don't give your name ) , 

I am about to have a new bulb fitted by Amel in Hyeres   , so I'm sure they would sell you one . 

Ian and Judy , Pen Azen , SM 302 Hyeres

On 23 Sep 2016, at 16:27, joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups. com> wrote:

Has anyone had the AC panel green light fail?  Mine failed -  lots of Power from genset or shore but no light.  I assume it is small 220v AC bulb.  Can anyone recommend a source ?

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.