Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AC Panel Green Light

hanspeter baettig

hi Bill Kenney
your are wrong. 50 hz at 1800 rpm
60 hz at 1500 rpm
read the manual
kind regards
Hanspeter
Tamango 2
SM16

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 26.09.2016 um 16:42 schrieb Bill Kinney greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hello  All,

On these generators the rotational speed controls the FREQUENCY of the power NOT the voltage.  A 50 Hz generator should run at 1500 RPM, for 60 Hz they should run at 1800 RPM.  If your frequency is right, your speed is right.  If you voltage is wrong, something else needs fixing.

Bill Kinney
SM #160, Harmonie
Solomons, MD, Chesapeake Bay, USA
“Ships and men rot in port."

On Sep 26, 2016, at 06:06, svperegrinus@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Alexandre,

Ours puts out 219V with no load, 217V with max load, and 218V with half load.  It's been that way for at least 3 years, since I started looking at this measurement.

I asked the only Onan-recommended, Onan certified dealer, in this part of the world why I am not getting 230V on a 230V boat, and whether he should adjust it.

He bent over, took a pic of the genset spec plate and showed me his phone: the genset spec reads "220V".  He said we should leave it alone.

Now with this thread I a am not so sure.

When he comes by tomorrow, I'll ask him to check the RPMs.  Should be 1800, uh?

Cheerio,

Peregrinus
SM2K No. 350
Marina d'Arechi, Salerno