Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Salt water in the cockpit locker

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Paul,

On BeBe, SM 387, the Dessalator controls are accessible from that locker. If you have the same, remove a piece of plywood on the forward end of the locker to see the backside of the Dessalator Control panel and plumbing.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 9:44 AM, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We found a half bucket of salt water in the cockpit locker. It looks as if the water has come in to the forward part of the locker, but we can't relay figure out how it came in. We have had som bumpy sailing with some spray on the deck, but nothing extraordinaire, we have encounter much worse condition before.

One source could be some bolts that hold the genoa track are not holding tight.

Have anyone encounter something similar and have any idea from where the water could come?

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259