[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Forward bildge water

Judy Rouse

Dave,

To answer your first question, there is no danger because to insert
the pin you have to turn off the toggle switch that is located in
front of the pin hole. With the toggle switch off the bow thruster
cannot be operated at the helm.

Regarding your second question, I am not sure. We were concerned that
we might not adjust it properly so when we were in Guadeloupe, we
asked Amel to adjust it. That is when Laurent at Amel-Guadeloupe said
it was adjusted properly and showed us how to pull on the wire cable
to move it the last 1/2".

Regarding a bilge pump for this area, we believe that it is designed
to remain dry. If you service the bow thruster and you secure it with
the locking pin, it will remain dry.

Best,

Bill & Judy Rouse
s/v BeBe
SM2 #387

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "drdavegoodman"
<drdavegoodman@...> wrote:

Hi Judy and Eric
Thanks for your responses.
Two questions:
1. Is there any danger of damaging the mechanism that lowers the
bowthruster if the pin has it fixed in the up position and you forget
to remove it while lowering the bowthruster?
2. When adjusting the bowthruster cable, I assume you do that when
the bowthruster is in the down position?
Dave