Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel 54 fresh water tank connections

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Mohammed,

I believe that with great confidence that I can tell you that you are in need of Part Number 036710 from Reya or A.M.F.A.

A.M.F.A. was an independent company bought by Reya. I do not think that the pump you have is made any longer and you will have difficulty finding the part that you need. The two most common pumps that I have seen in Amel 53 and 54's are the Reya/A.M.F.A. 66B (which I have) and the higher capacity 40B (I think that is the correct number). I believe that you have the 40B.

The part that you need is a marine brass manifold. The good news is that it is the same part, regardless which pump you have. Take a look at the photo here:

Yes, you are correct that the smaller (3/8" 10mm) hole only has about 3 threads and if you overtighten at this point, you will certainly strip the threads in this manifold.

I was able to find a manifold in the storeroom at Amel Martinique because, although mine is not leaking now, I over tightened and partially stripped those threads. Before I found the replacement I repaired the manifold with an American epoxy repair product called JB Weld. It has held with no dripping and I have elected to replace the manifold the next time I do anything on that pump.

These two pumps, the 66B and 40B, are amazing pumps and worth keeping. The places that I would look for a replacement manifold are:
  • Emek in Turkey
  • Amel (if you can find someone to look through their used parts for you)
  • This Group - because I know that a number of owners have chosen to replace the Amel installed pump with something else.
The photo I uploaded will help you find the part that you need.

I hope this helps you.

Best,

Bill
BeBe 387

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 9:41 AM, mshirloo@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thank you Barry. The pictures will definitely help. We also had to replace the rubber bladder (purchased in Lesvos Greece) and the pressure switch (purchased in Turkey), The replacement was not a difficult task, but the removal and replacement caused the tapped fitting to be stripped. The fitting that you have seems the same as ours. So maybe my assumption that this was a replacement fitting was incorrect.

Thanks Again
Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099