Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel 54 fresh water tank connections

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Mohammad,

I missed that it was the gauge. Before you do anything, buy a new gauge and use some silicone tape on it. When my manifold stripped it was a brass fitting before the pressure switch...in other words, brass to brass. I am thinking the threads on the gauge stripped but maybe not the marine brass manifold.

I am sorry I missed that...please try a new guage and let me know.

Bill
BeBe #387

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 2:22 PM, mshirloo@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks again bill. It is surprising how you seem to have detailed information on most any topic that arises. I guess spending more than 10 years maintaining systems in an organized fashion does that.

The pictures sent by Barry of Amel #016 that just had their systems serviced in Hyeres seems to suggest that we have the original connector/manifold installed on our 54. As you indicated, I think I tightened too much in order to get the gauge in the proper position and ended up stripping the threads. I do have and use JBWeld but since we are back in States for a few months, wanted a permanent solution. I do have an e-mail to Maude at Amel and waiting for her response.

Hoping that you will continue to contribute to this great forum in the future.

Thank you
Mohammad and Aty
Amel 54 #099
B&B Kokomo