Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bilge / Sump pump

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good morning Pat,

My Super Maramu 2000 came with the AMFA Marina ZZ bilge pump.
http://nikimat.com/bilge_pump_electric_amfa_marina_zz.html

But if I were you, I would put what Francisco and Oddette put on Peregrinus, which is the “AMFA/TF pump version 2”.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bilge / Sump pump
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 8:44 AM

I have a Jabsco sump pump and have
found it unreliable . The motor works fine , I have replaced
everything and it still fails to pump water from the bilge
every time. I have replaced the joker and flap valves and I
have a check valve , but I think over time the pump slowly
loses its prime and becomes air bound , when not used for
some time. I have thought about buying a new one and hope
it works better . I have looked everywhere and cannot find
it . I assume all SMs have the same pump , can someone tell
me where I can purchase a new one. Has anyone replaced it
with something more reliable
?Thanks,Pat SM