Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Fresh Water Pump & Circuit - appropriate operating pressure?

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

David,

Since your original posting I have done some more research.

My guess is that TF Marine in Italy has taken to business that A.M.F.A. Pompe used to enjoy. http://www.xtlmarine.ae/tf-marine/

I noticed that Reya has a TF Marine pump that is very close to the original equipment on the Super Maramu: http://www.reya.com/prod_-GROUPE-EAU-HA60-24V-2-2BARS_Groupes-d-eau-a-pressostat-TF-MARINE_000178227792780_207127.html

The above is what I would buy if I were you, or if you want a step-up this is the pump that I would use: http://www.reya.com/prod_-GROUPE-EAU-HJX1-24V-2-4BARS-20L_Groupes-d-eau-a-pressostat-TF-MARINE_000178227792780_207129.html

I strongly suspect this is what Amel is using in their current production, while I am certain that Beneteau is using Jabsco.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 9:37 AM, dbv_au@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,

The previous owner replaced the freshwater pump with a JABSCO Deck Wash pump running at 80psi.

Studying literature and back-tracking through this group (thanks Bill, Alexandre, Kent, Alan, et al), I see that the standard install (AMFA Reya 66b fresh water pump ) is set with pressure between ~1 to 2 bar (15-30psi).

My question is: am I courting danger with an over-pressurized freshwater circuit?  I noted some leaks for the freshwater manifolding on the aft bulkhead of the engine room, and initially thought that this may be due to the seals and so on being dried out after 20 months on the hard, but now I'm not so sure.

Any thoughts or insights?

David
Moonshot, SM#396, NEB
Rhode Island