Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM Volvo transmission cable adjustment

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Mike,

There are two cables running from the single arm Morse Throttle/Shifter. Each are independently adjustable in the engine room, near their termination points.

It sounds to me as though the shifter cable is loose in the engine room. That is what I would check first. With the engine OFF have someone move the Morse Throttle/Shifter forward then backward while you inspect the cables in the engine room.

Best,

Bill
BeBe 387

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 11:37 AM, 'Mike Ondra' mdondra@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Historically we have found that when shifting to forward the transmission barely engages before the throttle advances the RPM. Yesterday the transmission did not engage without manually pushing the transmission shift lever. Is there a point of adjustment in the Morse cable system for this? Did not appear to be adjustment at the transmission.

Mike Ondra

Aletes SM#240

Rock Hall, MD